- What is a Life-Cycle Celebrant?
Celebrants are professional life-cycle ceremony officiants who believe in the power and effectiveness of ceremony and ritual to serve basic needs of society and the individual. They collaborate with their clients to create and perform personalized ceremonies that reflect the clients’ beliefs, philosophy of life and personalities; not the Celebrant’s. Celebrants officiate at all types of life-cycle ceremonies and rituals including baby namings and adoption ceremonies, coming of age ceremonies, weddings, civil unions and commitment ceremonies, funerals and memorials. Celebrants also develop ceremonies to enrich daily life and for community, corporate and civic events. Find out more at: http://www.celebrantinstitute.org.
- What is your training and background?
I am certified through the Celebrant Foundation & Institute, and am a licensed officiant and interfaith minister. I am curious, warm-hearted, joyful and compassionate. I do this work because I love getting to know people and their stories. My professional background includes non-profit management, volunteer coordination, music performance, and counseling. I am bilingual English/Spanish and happy to perform ceremonies in both languages.
- How does it work?
- We have a phone conversation to talk about your vision for your ceremony and I quote you a fee.
- We meet for an in-person interview to see if we’re a good match. We gather your story and start developing the ceremony.
- I draft the ceremony and we email it back and forth until it’s exactly as you want it. You are in full control.
- I perform your ceremony, attending rehearsals as needed.
- You receive a keepsake copy of your ceremony.
- What geographic area do you serve?
I’m currently based in Holyoke, MA and serve the Pioneer Valley, Berkshires, Southern VT and Northern CT, and am currently booking ceremonies in this area through Fall 2017.
In June 2017 I’m moving to Ithaca, NY and will be serving Syracuse, Binghamton and the Finger Lakes region.
I am open to traveling further, charging travel time and accommodations as appropriate.
- What are your fees?
My fees vary based upon the complexity and scale of your ceremony, travel distance and whether a rehearsal is required. For weddings, visit the Wedding Services & Fees page. I’ll be able to provide a complete quote after we discuss your ceremony, and you can decide how you’d like to proceed.
- How do I contact you?
Phone: (413) 320-2975; Email: meganbarberATgmailDOTcom